He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, July 07, 2005

NEW KITTY

The other day at my parents place, their cat came walking into the yard and there was this really mangy sorry looking cat wobbling along behind it. Dad was worried cause he thought that it might have had distemper or rabies but the reality of it was that the cat was so starved and skinny that it could hardly walk. Dad took me outside to see the cat and I checked the cat over. I ruled out distemper because it's eyes were not matted or cloudy. I don't think it has rabies either because it's a very sweet loving little cat. Dad gave it some food and a little dish of milk. The cat quickly lapped up the milk and then walked around all proud and try to rub on us but the poor thing was so weak that when it tried to rub, it just fell over. Dad made a warm bed for it in the garage and it going to keep giving it food and when it's healthy he is going to find a good home for it. It's a pretty orange and white cat and it doesn't look that old. I feel sorry for the thing because who knows what happened to it. There are a lot of people lately that have just been dropping them off on the highway and sometimes when people move, they leave the animal to fend for itself rather than take it with. I couldn't even think of doing something like that to any of my animals. To just abandon a family pet after they have been loyal and kind is cruel. I think that the cat might have already found a home though. My dad called the vet in Cando the next day and told the vet about the cat. The vet said that the cat was only about a day away from dying from starvation. My dad tends to be a real softy when it comes to things like this (now I know where I got it from) and I am pretty sure my dad just got himself another shop kitty.

2 Comments:

  • At July 8, 2005 at 8:12 AM, Blogger KSoFM said…

    i agree w/you. i have no idea how people can abandon their pets. my dog (tino, aka the bingapant) is a member of the fam and i would be so hurt if anything happened to him.

     
  • At July 9, 2005 at 10:42 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    I love Tino. He is definately one of the smallest, cutest dogs I have ever seen and all that fluffy black and white hair just makes him more adorable.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone