He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, July 09, 2005

DOCTOR VISIT

Yesterday I had my first OB checkup. My doctor said that I am around 10 weeks so my February 1st due date is correct. My doc is going to do the "big" ultra sound in 8 weeks so I will make sure that I post pics of them for everyone. I am starting to show a little bit already. When I was pregnant with Cassie I didn't show until I was almost 6 months. My doc said this is normal since the abdomen muscles are already stretched from the first pregnancy. For the delivery, we are thinking about doing the prenatal with the doc that we have and then when the time comes for the c-section, we are going to schedule it in Devils Lake with a doctor from Minot and then continue the follow up checkups and stuff with my current doctor. Cando has been talking about stopping deliveries because they are spending more money in malpractice insurance than they actually make during deliveries so it's really not benefiting the hospital. My doc said that they are talking about it and are a ways away yet from making a final decision but it could be possible that by February of next year they may or may not be doing deliveries so that was one of our biggest concerns and why we have decided to do it in Devils Lake, also, the nurses up in Cando weren't very pleasant and they never brought enough to eat durning my meals, plus my mom works at the Devils Lake hospital so that is going to be cool. My doc says that if this is what Darren and I really want to do, he will strongly support it and will work with the doctor from Minot and try his best to get him to DL for the delivery. I love my doc and he's a great physician and you can really joke around with him too. Before I left the office he told me that I must bring the baby back though for him to see. I laughed and told him not to worry because that is exactly what we plan to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone