He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

RUNNING RUNNING RUNNING

Sunday was pretty lazy. I got over to my mom's house early to wash cloths and my mom and dad took off on the motorcycle to go to Devils Lake for the big Motorcycle Rally over the weekend. When they got to The Great American in Devils Lake for registration there was nothing there. I mean absolutely nothing. No table, no packets, no sign-up sheet and there wasn't any information left at the front desk. My mom and dad said "screw it" and then went to the grocery store and picked up their own steaks, came home, fired up the grill, and make steaks and grilled potatoes for themselves and Darren and I. Cassie had some grilled potatoes and a hot dog. It's been a while since I had a steak off the grill and I really enjoyed it. On Memorial Day Darren spent a good time mowing the lawn and then later in the afternoon we all headed up to see my brother Mike. My mom bough him this really cute dining room table and chair set so we thought we would go up there and help him put it together. When we got there, my brother was trying to mow his yard in the rain. The guys went inside to get started on the dining set, mom watched Cassie for me, and I finished mowing Mike's yard. Mike only had a little bit left so it wasn't bad, but there is this lilac bush in the corner of the yard that is a pain in the ass to mow around...especially when the damn thing was wet with rain! When the guys opened the box for the table, the underside of the table was smashed up so my mom called the place where she got the table and they said that she could return the table top and they would give her a new one. We got the chairs put together anyway and they are really nice. Then afterwards we went to the Dairy Queen and then we came home. Since then it's been raining here like crazy and mom, Cassie, and I went to the Pizza Hut in Rugby to eat today after getting the new table top. We couldn't eat all our food so I put it in a box and when we got back we ran it out to the Pasta Plant for Darren to finish off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone