He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, May 28, 2005

VISIT WITH AUNT SHIRLEY, FUNNY FACES, AND NO KEY

This morning Darren's parents called to see if we were doing anything today because Darren's Aunt Shirley was coming home from Jamestown and was going to arrive in Rugby at about 3pm. So we pretty much lounged around and I put Cassie down for her nap around 1pm so that she wouldn't be crabby and needing her nap when we got to Rugby. She didn't wake until 3pm and we got one the road around 3:30. We met everyone at Darren's Grandma's house and we sat there for a while and talked to everyone. We were all getting hungry so around 6pm we headed over to Bob's Pizza Inn to eat. While we were waiting for our food Cassie was making faces at Grandma Hanson. It was really cute, she was just acting like a total ham. There was also a piano in the sitting room at the apartments that Darren's Grandma lives and Grandma Hanson and Aunt Shirley took Cassie down there to play it so all evening Cassie was saying "piano, piano, piano". This morning after Darren got up, I was going to go up to the barn and clean it out and then pick up the stuff around the pasture that needs to be taken care of. When I got up there, the key for the tack door in the barn was gone. This pissed me off because I figured that the guy we rented the place from took the key just to make sure that we fixed everything first before we got our crap out of his barn. I came back down to the house and called the guy. He didn't know what happened to the key either but he had someone at the barn the other day and figured that guy must have left with it. He said that he would check with him and then call me back. The guy did call back a bit later and said that the other guy did have the key and he would have to go pick it up because there was some stuff that he wanted to do up at the barn too and would also need the key. Tomorrow I have to wash cloths so am hoping that the guy we rented the place from comes over tomorrow and Darren can get my tack out of there. I still think that he took the key on purpose. This guy is really starting to tick me off and I am actually happy that I don't have to deal with him anymore. The guy is going to get a surprise himself because on Monday I am calling Ottertail to let them know that we no longer use the property and don't want to pay the bill and to have it transferred back to the guy. If Ottertail won't transfer the account, we are just going to stop paying the bill and let the electricity be shut off. I know by doing this, my husband and I are just bending down to his level and this should be taken care of in a more adult and polite manner but at this point I just don't give a damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone