He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I FEEL SO BAD

Fr. Matt Lanz, our retired priest from our parish, is back in Leeds for a week or so. The people from our parish were getting together at 6pm at the local restaurant in Leeds with Fr. Matt for a B.S. session and catch up on what he has been doing. When I got off work and when my mom got home we got ready to go to the restaurant. Cassie has a tricky zipper on one of her shoes and when I was trying to get the zipper up to get ready to go to the restaurant, my fingers slipped off the zipper and my thumb dug and scrapped into Cassie's little leg. I must have taken a good inch of the first layer of skin off her legs. She cried so hard and they gouge really started to bleed. I felt so terrible. It took her a while to settle down. My mom gave her some tylenol to help with the pain but I am sure she is going to have a great black and blue mark and the scab will probably hang around for a while. I feel like the worst mommy in the whole world.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone