He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

ARGH!!!

I thought I had my FedEx all done and then around 1:30 the secretary called me to the lab because another order had come in and she said that it HAD to go out today. I hate it when people fax orders that late because the truck shows up around 1:30 to 2:00 each day. Thank God it was an easy order, just a bunch of sauce, so I was able to get it together fast. I went to weigh it, then put it in the back of the freezer with the rest of my orders, and then went to put the dry ice away. When I went to put the ice away, I noticed from across the freezer that FedEx was already at the plant and the guy was just taking the orders from the freezer and I still had to call up to the secretary to get a shipping tag for the order she gave me. When I reached the lab phone, the secretary called down and told me that she forgot to tell me not to put dry ice in the order. I told her that the order was already taped and weighed and the FedEx guy was getting ready to put it on the truck. In a very snotty tone, she said "Well, take the ice out of the box." It wasn't worth fighting with her so I grabbed a box cutter and ran back to the shipping dock. Our shipping/receiving man was back there keeping him company and when I got back there, the guy came up to me and said "The secretary said they are waiting for weight from you" and you could just tell this guy was annoyed because he had to wait. I apologized and told him she forgot to tell me about no ice and now I had to take it out of the box and then reweigh the box before I could get the tag. But after I said that I thought "screw it" and after I removed the ice I just called up and told the secretary the box was 22 lbs. When I met the secretary in the lab for the tags she didn't say anything to me and kind of tossed the tags to me and turned to walk away. After FedEx left, the shipping/receiving man looked at me and said "you know, her attitude towards you has been really snotty." I just asked him if it was really that obvious and he just looked at me and smiled. I swear, this lady has it out for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone