He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, March 28, 2005

GREAT EASTER BUT CASSIE IS SICK AGAIN

We had a great time up at Darren's folks place in Willow City for Easter. Darren's mom cooked a really good ham, roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and she even made 3 different home made pies. I definitely over ate big time. I talked to my sister on the phone, it was the first time I spoke to her since posting about my PCOS. My sister has been a member of Weight Watchers for a while now (she started when I was living with her in Minneapolis in '98) and within two weeks of joining Weight Watchers she started to loose weight noticeably. She is still involved and she goes to meetings each week. Since I don't have the time or the convenience of that right now, she is going to send me stuff from her meetings and even a points counter and stuff to help me drop weight so that I can start to manage my PCOS. I am going to start on Wednesday, providing that I get that stuff from Lynnette by then. I will let you all know how it's going and I will even post....God, do I dare say it.....my weight weekly so you all know how I'm doing and if I am slacking or not. Last night when I was getting Cassie ready for bed she felt really warm. I took her temp and it was 102.1 I gave her tylenol and laid her down. She doesn't feel as warm this morning but I am going to take her temp just to see what it is at. I need to call her doctor too because she isn't 100% better yet. She started a cough a day or two ago and the prescription cough syrup isn't working and now she has a runny nose and the mucus that is coming out is a thick yellow color so I know there is an infection somewhere that is going to need antibiotics. I have also had a sore throat for two and a half weeks and I should get something for that too. I have to call the clinic today anyway because my doctor has to set up an appointment for my OB/GYN visit too.

2 Comments:

  • At March 28, 2005 at 1:19 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    Sorry to hear that Cassie is sick again. Did she get a flu shot this year? I'm just wondering because Isabella got one this year and they want her to get the second one next fall, but I don't know if I should let her get one. I don't know if there's a point to it or not. So I'm wondering if Cassie got one and is still getting sick, or if she didn't get one and is getting sick. I really hope she starts feeling 100% soon. I hope the weight watchers thing helps you out with losing weight. I totally understand about how hard it is to lose weight. Good luck!!!

     
  • At March 28, 2005 at 2:02 PM, Blogger April said…

    It's too bad that Cassie can't kick this cold away. I hope she feels better soon! Good luck with the Weight Watchers thing, I wouldn't have enough will power to diet or eat that stuff they give you to eat, so hope it works well for ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone