He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, March 27, 2005

AN APOLOGY, DINNER GUESTS, AND GREAT STORIES

Right away, I need to say sorry to Billy and Vinny for not getting back to them and getting together with them Saturday. I got really busy getting the house and things together for Kevin and Aprils visit and then I had to run into Leeds and buy some groceries for dinner. Some where between everything that was on my mind I forgot to give Billy and Vinny a call. I owe you guys one, I'm sorry, I promise Billy that I will try and work something out and we can get together this week. For dinner I decided to make chicken enchiladas and pumpkin squares. I think it turned out really well, they must have liked it or otherwise they wouldn't have asked for both recipes. After dinner Cassie got really tired so I put her to bed and then Kevin and April helped Darren and I fill Cassies plastic Easter eggs with M&Ms, Hershey Kisses, and mini Reeses peanut butter cups. While we all were getting Easter stuff together, I can't even remember how we got started on the conversation, Darren and Kevin entertained April and I by sharing stories about being sick with the flu, being drunk, and combinations of the two. It was really great to have them out for a while we really miss them and enjoy their company sooooo much. I don't think Darren and I laughed like that in a long time. I can't believe we didn't wake Cassie up!! It was really great. Darren and I have already decided that we are going to visit them as often as we can when they move back. We have even already designated April as our full-time baby sitter of choice when Darren and I want to do something in town and don't want to drag Cassie with. I am sure April won't mind if Cassie is at their place for a few hours a week, after all, she is their God Child. Kevin and Ape staying until about 10:30 and then headed back to D.L. I hope they enjoyed their visit as much as we did. I was worth not going to Minneapolis to spend that evening with them. God, do I miss that!

1 Comments:

  • At March 28, 2005 at 12:41 AM, Blogger April said…

    We had a blast! The dinner was GREAT! I'm gonna give the receipe a try next week. I left the pumpkin bars at Amadon and Josie's I was only gonna share a few, but I forgot the whole bag there, hope they enjoy them as much as we did! Of course I don't mind watching Cassidy for a while, she's so cute and well behaved how could I not!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone