He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A BIT BRIGHTER

Good news. I heard from unemployment today and I will be receiving UI benefits once a week for 12 weeks. So I'm all good on that level. Yee-haw!

On the other hand....my car has been making weird noises for three days now. I finally took it up to Cenex late this afternoon to have the mechanics look at it. Wouldn't you know my luck; the trailing bar on the back right snapped completely in half. They ordered a new bar (should be in on Friday) and two of the guys welded it together really good so that I can at least drive my car until the new piece is on. I am surprised that the tire didn't just fly off the car the way the mechanics could slide it back and forth even while it was sitting on the ground.

Cassidy lost another tooth, but it was lost at daycare. The daycare provider, her husband, and the other daycare children tried looking for it but they couldn't find it anywhere. Cassidy is going to write the Tooth fairy a note about her lost tooth. She is worried the Tooth fairy won't visit her. I reassured her that the Tooth fairy will understand and she will still get something for it...even if it's missing. I don't think she believes me, and I told her she is just going to have to trust me on this one.

I am very happy with the new fence. Next spring when I replace the wire around the slough I am going to use more 12.5 high tinsel electric fence. It's strong as hell and isn't breaking. At the most, all I have needed to do to it was go out to the wire stretcher and give it three good yanks and then it's nice and tight again. I also have to admit that the wire is holding one heck of a charge. I accidentally brushed up against it and it made me move pretty quick. From here on out, all my fences are going to be 12.5.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the warmest day of the week. I am going to get outside and try to get some of the crap inside of the garage taken care of and then also go through the trunk of my car. Just the thought of the car trunk alone makes me cringe...but it has to be done.

I hope everyone had a fantastic Wednesday!

1 Comments:

  • At January 27, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am glad things are looking better for you. I know it is scary being a single mom and all. I raised 2 kids on my own and I know it is far from a walk in the park.

    Try to stay positive....Well, what can I say. I know things like that are easy to say but difficult to do.

    Just know that I made it through A LOT and from what I have read of your blog I know that you have a lot of guts and drive. So....Keep venting on your blog. and clean the #e!! out of your trunk! kt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone