He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, November 22, 2010

OH CHRISTMAS TREE

So....the whole happiness of putting up the Christmas tree is starting to fall short. After getting halfway through putting the branches on the artificial tree, I noticed that I missed a section and had to remove all the branches to get what I missed put on the tree. Once that chore was completed (for the second time) I was able to start on the lights. I got the first string of lights on the tree, and I was feeling optimistic that the rest was going to be a piece of cake, when the remaining strings of lights would only light-up halfway through the strand. I tried replacing the bulbs and changed fuses in the light cords, but nothing worked. I will have to forget about the lights right now and pick up a few new sets on my next trip into town. While I was fighting the Christmas tree last night, the song The Twelve Pains of Christmas was going through my head. I realized shortly that I had swiftly transformed into the man that hollers about the Christmas lights all the way through the song. One phrase in the song that stuck out in my mind while I was fighting with the lights was, "NOW WHY THE HELL ARE THEY BLINKING!" After laughing at myself for a few moments, I knew the time had come to just give up and continue again later. I haven't dared to start on it yet. I will let you all know how it goes when I get brave enough to face the tree again.

1 Comments:

  • At November 24, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    As the saying goes, "Been there, done that."

    My least favorite thing to do is put lights on the tree.
    Why can't they make lights that will stay lit even when one is out (or is it possible that the cheap lights I buy at Walmart suck)>

    Haven't heard the The Twelve Pains of Christmas.
    Will check it out.....
    kt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone