He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, November 05, 2010

UPDATE

Sorry about such a delayed post. It's been well over a month since I posted anything. It's difficult to achieve since neither my laptop or home PC is working at the moment. On the plus side, it has kept me off Facebook and away from Farmville.

The girls had a wonderful Halloween. We starting trick-or-treating at 5:30 and finished around 8 pm. I was a little disappointed in the Halloween party at the community center. This year there were only 2 games, a setup to take a Halloween picture and a small supper. I think next year we are going to skip the community center and and just go out collecting candy.

Last week little Jessie got really sick. I took her to see a doctor on Monday who though Jessie just had a stomach bug and sent us home. Monday night was terrible, so I took Jessie back on Tuesday morning and made the doctor do lab tests. Jessie's test came back with a high white blood cell count of 38,200. The doctor suspected a UTI, but Jessie didn't have any symptoms of one. To help bring the WBC down, the doctor had Jessie do IV treatments for the next three days at the hospital. Our primary doctor heard what was going on and he knew neither my mother or I thought it was a UTI and agreed to see Jessie on Thursday morning. He examined Jessie and sent us up for an x-ray right away. Here poor little Jessie had pneumonia. He kept her on an extra day of IV and made sure we had enough antibiotic. It has been a week and Jessie is feeling much better now and is starting to act like herself.

Late afternoon on Wednesday, my father and I moved my horses from their pasture back to my place for the winter. I am looking forward to being able to ride at my leisure again. I wanted to go out this weekend, but decided not to since it's deer hunting opening this weekend. The last thing I want is for my horse to be shot out from underneath me.

Work has been going wonderful. I have been spending a lot more time in the barn doing hands-on work. One of the barn supervisors pulled the muscles in his back and cannot do a lot of the harder work in the barn, so he is doing my paperwork in the office while I work out in the barn. We had a meeting with the owner of the barn on Tuesday, and he told us we will all be getting Hexagon Farm jackets. The next time we go to the warehouse to pick up our paychecks, we are to stop in the office and get fitted for them. I cannot wait! I have never had ANY company clothing of any type and I think it's awesome we are getting our own jackets.

2 Comments:

  • At November 6, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Nice to see you back on! And BOY did I identify with your FB/FV comment.

    i have only been blogging since July and was really nervous about it. My daughter suggested I locate some blogs I enjoyed and follow them. Well, you were one of 4 I selected and I definitely think I chose a good one.

    Favorites so far? Yep! "I Was Violated" and "Buffalo Theory."

     
  • At November 20, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Thank you for the comments. I like to hear from people who enjoy reading my blog. What I experiance as ordinary day-to-day events in life others find very entertaining. Apparently life doesn't effect them like it does me. Fate is fickel.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone