He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, November 01, 2008

HALLOWEEN 2008

When I picked up the girls from the babysitter, the babysitter had already fed all the kids so that they were all ready to go out trick-or-treating after their parents picked them up. I took the girls over to my parents house to get them ready to go out. Billy Jo called me, she and her husband were driving around getting ready to start with their boys. They drove over to my parents place and waited for me to get the girls together and then we all headed out together in their van.

We made a quick stop over at Jeremey and Sam's house where they got a crap load of candy their. After that, we went and started out on the south end of town. There was a little excitement at first because all the kids tried to crowd the house doors at the same time. After about the 10th house, Billy and I got it worked out where A.J. and Cassidy would go up first and then back away from the door and let Ashton and Jessie go. It wasn't 100% perfect, but it worked. Ashton was comical at a few houses. Some places had spookey displays and Ashton would sit there and stare at them and then start laughing. His parents literally had to pull him away from the displays or he wouldn't leave. It was cute.

We finished up with the south half of town and my girls were starting to get tired and they asked to go home. Vinny and Billy Jo dropped us back off at my parents place and they went back into town to do some more trick-or-treating. They went home with a MASSIVE amount of candy, which was shown to me through a picture text message. The pile of candy filled up half of their living room floor. I had to laugh a few times at Vinny half way through trick-or-treating. He gave me a stern 101 lesson on how to do it so the kids would get more candy out of sympathy. It did work, we came home with a lot of candy too...not near as much as they did, but enough for my two girls.

Tonight is the Halloween party at Kat's Korral. I haven't completely decided if I am going. I really want to, it would be a lot of fun. However, my babysitter is busy with a volleyball tournament today and she could be really tired when she gets home. I don't even know the exact time she is getting home, so it's basically if the sitter feels up to it or not.

I hope all of you enjoyed your Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone