He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, May 12, 2008

MOST BUSY WEEKEND EVER!

Wow, what a weekend!

We left for Williston around 11:30 a.m. on Thursday afternoon. Amazingly we arrived a half an hour before graduation rehearsal and had time to check into our hotel rooms and drop off stuff before heading to the college. After rehearsal, we jaunted over to the Super Wal-Mart where we picked up food to eat and a few odd things before going back to the hotel. After we all had something to eat, we went swimming. While the girls and I were swimming, my sister and mother ran to JC Penny's and did some shopping. The girls and I were in the pool for 2 hours before we decided to get out, take a bath, and get some sleep. I had finished bathing the girls and got myself dressed when Roger Stout, a friend of the family, showed up at the hotel to wish me congratulations on graduation. He took me out around town on his motorcycle for 2 and a half hours, bought be ice cream at Dairy Queen, and had some coffee before returning to the hotel at 10:45 p.m.

The next day, we were all up by 7 a.m. Mom and my sister went out on a coffee run for everyone while I got the girls ready. When they came back, we all went up for the hotels continental breakfast...which was pretty measly. Then, we raced back to the rooms and the grownups got dressed and put makeup on and took off for the college.

The graduation ceremony went very fast. The Student Address was pretty good. It was a speech put together not by the traditional, " As you go forth, when you leave here today....what you have learned...yada yada yada..." but by popular movie quotes that actually made sense together. I don't know how long it took that person to do that, but I am sure he spent more time on the speech than his finals. My brother also has his nice camera with him, so he took all of my photos. I think he took around 97 pictures, but I am sure only 10 will be keepers. When I get them from Mike, I will post them. I ran to the bookstore before we left the college. I bought a coffee cup, a T-shirt, and a really cool hooded sweatshirt. It was a very cute, small campus, and I would have loved to be on campus for classes if I didn't have children. I almost regret not being able to do the whole campus life thing.

We went back to the hotel, packed up our things, and went to the Pizza Hut two blocks from the hotel to eat before leaving for home. I was surprised by a fist full of graduation cards (Mike's card screaming Celebration by KC and the Sunshine Band is the LOUDEST musical card I have heard), and a couple gifts consisting of a matching coffee cup to the one I bought (mom thought I needed a pair) and a really nice green fleece zip up from my sister. After our fill of pizza and pasta, we said by to my dad who was headed off to check out a load he had to pick up, and then to my brother and sister who were headed to Dickinson for my brothers annual ND Newspaper award thingy.

We got home somewhere around 6. It was a long dull ride since we were driving in the rain the entire way home. After the rush of the weekend, I was glad to get home.

Now, it is time to spruce up the ole cover letter and resume and start applying for jobs.

3 Comments:

  • At May 12, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Blogger swimminskeeter said…

    CONGRATS! That is SO awesome! This is something that no one can ever take away from you, something you did yourself! I remember when I got my associates degree and how good it felt!

    I am proud of you girl! :)
    le

     
  • At May 13, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Blogger KSoFM said…

    congrats janelle. it sounds like you had a great graduation ceremony.

    i'm happy for you and, again, congrats on your achievement.

     
  • At May 13, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Blogger KSoFM said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone