He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, April 10, 2008

TOO GOOD NOT TO SHARE

This is going to sound crazy, but the best meal that I have had so far on the Fat Smash diet has been Boca classic chili. I didn't think would have ever liked a chili made from a Boca meatless burger, but is GOOD. I like it so much, this is going to be how I prepare my chili from now on. It is very filling, easy to make, and has a spicy yet sweet taste to it. You cannot even tell that it is a meatless dish. YUM-O!

BOCA CLASSIC CHILI

1 green pepper diced
2 medium sized mushrooms diced
1 medium onion diced
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 can diced tomatoes (chili ready with onions)
1 can kidney beans
1 can low sodium/low fat tomato soup
1 10oz Boca burger

Cook and stir green peppers, onion, and mushrooms in extra virgin olive oil on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.


Tonights dish is going to be Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato soup. I can't wait to try it.

2 Comments:

  • At April 11, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    Congrats on fighting temptations. That chili does sound good. Unfortunately, I would still use real meat. ;) The soup does NOT sound good, but I hope you liked it.

    RAH, RAH, RAH! GOOOOO JANELLE!!! Yes, that's me being a cheerleader. Sickening isn't it?

     
  • At April 11, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    keep the recipes coming, Janelle! that way I can use 'em when I finally go on the diet...the biggest problem for me is going caffiene free...

    Keep up the good work!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone