He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

NOT TOO BAD YET

The diet isn't going all that bad. However, it has only been 24 hours. Along with all the water, fruits, and vegetables that I want to consume in a day, I can also have 2 cups of slim or low fat milk, 2 cups of herbal tea, one veggie burger, 4 egg white, 2 6oz yogurt cups (no fruit on the bottom), and one cup of oatmeal. I don't know how much of that I will actually eat in my first 9 days. I want to loose as much weight as possible so I am trying to refrain from all things dairy and carbohydrate. I did have a veggie burger last night (without the bun) and my one cup of oatmeal today. I think for lunch I am going to try this Tasty Tomato recipe they have in the back of the book. It sounds good, but it makes a lot.

I have been doing my TaeBo twice a day and taking evening walks. Yesterday, I went to Billy Jo's. She has Dance Dance Revolution for her Wii. You can play DDR the same way as on the PlayStation 2, or you can use the Wii nun chuck paddles for hand movements. We haven't tried the hand movements. We can barely get through the beginner dance steps, we don't need the hand movements to make it worse than is already is.

Thank you Amanda for the good luck on my diet. I was going to wait until I ate all the stuff out of my fridge, freezer, and cupboards as well, but I knew if I waited for that to happen I wouldn't have started the diet. My kids do not eat everything on this diet so I had to keep things around for them. I think watching them eat their snacks and kiddie foods is the hardest part of the diet.

1 Comments:

  • At April 8, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Blogger Lynnette Savaloja said…

    Good luck! :) Betcha didn't expect to see me post on here, did ya? ;) One thing about the dairy... still try and drink the skim milk. I know it has a moderate amout of carbs, but new research shows that the calcium may actually help block fat absorbtion. I would watch out for sugary yogurt, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone