He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, April 19, 2008

ANIMALS

In the span of 3 days, there has been a ¾ decrease number of pets at our house. All of which I am hoping will return, or heal and get better.

I have not seen Scrappy the cat for 3 days. She is an indoor/outdoor cat. It isn’t unusual for her to be gone for a couple of days at a time. The longest she has been gone is 4 days. I hope to see her tomorrow. Tucker, our black and white Siberian husky, took off today at around 11 am. I have not see him since. Normally Tucker goes into town and after a couple of hours he returns or the guys from Moller’s Implement bring him back home. After 5 pm, when Tucker had not returned, I drove around town 3 times and didn’t see him. The girls will be heart broken if he doesn’t come back home. The worst, I have saved for last. My best riding mare, Luna, has come up lame. The girls and I were going outside to ride today and I noticed Luna stepping funny as she came walking across the pasture. If I wouldn’t know any better, I would say her back end had foundered, but she hasn’t overeaten on ( and isn’t exposed to) alfalfa or oats. I have a farrier coming out to look at her on Tuesday afternoon. I am hoping that he will be able to correct the problem and I will not have to take her to the vet. Luna is MY baby. I have had her for 17 years. I will be devastated if there is ANY THING seriously wrong with her. The only good animal that the girls and I have right now is my mothers pregnant leopard appaloosa, and she is only a yard ornament that we don’t ride.

I am really sad. I cannot believe that my cat and dog are gone, and the health of my horse is questionable right now. How come all the good animals have gone, but the fricken mice are still hanging around the house??? I believe I am being heckled by a higher power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone