He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP

I have become addicted to the butternut squash soup. I really REALLY like it. I think it is going to become a staple in my diet these next nine days. I think this would also go great at Thanksgiving or Christmas with the roasted turkey. I am sharing this recipe because Amanda wanted more....and because it's good! When I made this soup, I left out the ginger and curry because I am not a fan of spicy foods.



2 T. Olive Oil ( or less )
1 large onion, chopped
1 T. finely chopped ginger or 1 t. ground
2 t. curry powder
1 carton veggie broth (1.9 Pt or 30 oz)
1 large b.nut squash (about 3 lb) peeled, seeded & cut into 2" cubes
1 t. salt

In 3 Qt. saucepan, heat oil and cook onion, until tender

Add ginger & curry; cook, stirring occasionally

Stir in broth, squash & salt

Reduce heat & simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes.

Blend w/hand blender, or blend in batches in food processor or blender.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone