He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

THE WEEKEND

It has been super rough around here for a little while. I am going to spare everyone the details, but the weekend went well.

Saturday was our 6 year anniversary. We were invited up to Willow City by Darren's parents that day. It had been a very long time since we had been up there and we needed to see them. Darren's parents cooked two whole chickens on the grill, Aunty Missy made homemade whipped cream for the apple crisp that, at first, had the consistancy of butter but was actually very good when it thawed to room temperature. Before supper, the girls helped Aunty missy and grandma and grandpa pick apples off of their apple tree in the back yard. I would have taken pictures but I forgot about my camera being in the diaper bag until a half hour before we left so I only got pictures of the girls using the tire swing in the front of the house shortly before we left for home. Bummer! Aunty Missy and Grandma got pictures of the girls picking apples though that I think are going to be really cute. If I get those pictures I will have to post them. That evening I went to Maddock with Billy Jo and her husband Vinny while Darren stayed home with the girls. The street dance itself was a bit boring but I had fun with Billy and Vinny.

I was going to post more pics but Blogger is acting weird and I cannot seem to get any more pics posted then the ones below. I will keep trying to add the other pics later.

2 Comments:

  • At September 19, 2007 at 11:08 PM, Blogger April said…

    hey! I know I don't always post, but I'm reading, and keepin' up with things. Your girls are getting cuter and cuter every time you post a pic.

    Happy Belated ANIVERSARY!!! I remember your wedding, it was a blast.

     
  • At September 20, 2007 at 12:47 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Thanks, April. It is nice to know that people are still "stopping by." I am going to try giving you a call sometime. I really need to talk and you and Kevin have always been great listeners.

    Is that dude on your profile pic David Hasselhoff? It sure looks like it and I cann't tell since I cannot slow the pic down.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone