He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, June 16, 2006

FIRST EAR INFECTION

At some time in my life I was blessed by the Infants Ear Infection God.

When my mom, the girls, and I were in Devils Lake yesterday Jessie was horribly crabby. Jessie must have screamed and cried the whole trip. You could tell she was getting so tired and I thought she was going to fall asleep a couple of times but she continued to cry.

On the way home my mom got her to sleep for a little bit but Jessie woke up as soon as we got home. She was still very fussy and when I would try to put her down she would scream bloody murder. My mom thought maybe it was an ear infection but it was midnight so there wasn't anything we could have done anyway.

This morning went alright but then when noon rolled around Jessie was crabby again. She absolutely refused to nurse so I put breast milk in a bottle. She took a few sucks of the bottle then continued to fuss.

I had mom call all the clinics in Devils Lake to see if anyone had an appointment open. We were able to get in at the Devils Lake Community Clinic at 3:30. Both her ears are infected. The left ear is a lot worse than the other. We were given Zythromax and some ear drops.

We headed over to the new Dairy Queen to eat lunch and I gave Jessie her first dose of zythromax and some drops. Jessie did a lot better after the drops but she was still very tired. Mom bought ice cream and then we headed home.

Jessie has been really good since we left the Dairy Queen and I hope it stays that way. Her tooth still hasn't come in and I am very concerned because now I am worried that she will get an ear infection with every tooth just like Cassie did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone