He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, June 16, 2006

A BUSY EVENING

Cole finally called at 3:00 pm and he had just woke up. I told him not to worry about coming down and we could do it some other time.

It got hot and humid so the girls and I headed over to my moms. When we got there I laid Jessie down for a nap and Nana and Cassie went outside so Cassie could swim in her pool for a little bit. After they got done swimming we ran into Devils Lake so that my mom could take grandma her clean clothes and I had to cash my WIC checks and do some shopping at Wal-Mart.

When we finally left Devils Lake a huge storm was moving in. The sky was black and the lightening reminded me of the 4th of July and didn't stop. My dad called and said to hurry because there was hail and we were about to get hammered. We ran into some heavy rain and more lightening but we got lucky and the storm moved around and sat right on top of Devils Lake.

We got home around 10:30 and the rain had stopped so I dropped mom and the girls off and went to my house to put groceries away. It was hot and sticky outside and the house wasn't any cooler than the temperature outside so I grabbed pajamas for the girls and we just spent the night at my moms.

After everyone went to bed I stayed up to get some testes out of the way. I finished two for Medical Terminology and I was going to take the tests due for Business English but there wasn't anything posted for Business English. I immediately wrote an email to our professor because we ALWAYS have at least one test at the end of the week if not three. She wrote back at 8:30 this morning and said that there were tests due and she was going to check it out....sure enough, they had not posted on the website so she had to add them. She did give us an extention until the 20th to get them in since they didn't post.

Mom and I might run to Grand Forks today to see Hazely Dooley in the hospital but we haven't fully decided because it's a long way to go and gas is expensive. It would be nice to visit with April and Kevin and see my aunt, uncle, and their baby but it may have to wait for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone