He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

BAPTISM, SHOPPING, AND PLAY

My mom, grandma, Jessie, and I attended the baptism of my very little cousin on Saturday and while we were gone Darren and Cassie went up to Willow City to see Grandma Hanson and Grandpa Dave. My uncle's son is getting very big. He is three times the size of Jessie and he's very strong and is already rolling over. While we were there, we ran into Grand Forks to get some shopping done and see Kevin and April. However, we started to run late and my dad called and needed some stuff from Home of Economy and then we needed to get my Grandma back in time for supper so unfortunately I had to call April and tell her that we wouldn't be making it over. I was VERY disappointed because I wanted to see them so bad. Oh well, maybe next time.

I did a little shopping for the girls while we were in Grand Forks. I like the children's clothes at JC Penny's and they were having a sale so I bought two outfits for each of them and then I bought Jessie this really cool horse by Lamaze. I will have to take pics of the kids sporting their new outfits when it gets warmer out. I want to go back and get some more clothes for them when we have the money to get them some summer clothes. Cassie needs t-shirts bad and I was hoping to reuse some of Cassie's clothes with Jessie but I am only able to use a few outfits since Cassie was born in the fall and Jessie in the summer.....I am running into "different seasons" and "different sizes" problems.

Yesterday was pretty cold and rainy. Cassie had EHS and after all their activities were done they went outside to play and blow bubbles. The bubbles where huge in the humid wet rain. I must say that when it's raining outside, that is the perfect time to go out and blow bubbles. The bubbles were bigger than Cassie's head. She had a lot of fun with the bubbles and now that's all she wants to do.

We spent the night at my mom's house. Jessie didn't do too bad but she could have been better. She didn't settle down until 12:30 then she was up again at 1:30 and she finally fell asleep around 3 and slept until 8 this morning. I think if we were home and had the swing she would have fallen asleep faster. She likes movement and that helps settle her down. If I don't have a swing or a rocking chair when I am with her we are in trouble.

My mom and I are planning a trip with the girls to go visit my sister and stay with her for about a week. There is this big indoor park for children not far from where my sister goes to church where people take their kids all the time and they even sell ice cream there so we may check that out. My mom said that she would pay for a ticket so that Cassie and my sister can ride some rides in Camp Snoopy in MOA since we didn't get to do that last time we were there. Then there is also this museum for kids that we are going to check out. I also want to get my hair done at this fancy place my sister goes to called The Chair. My mom has had her hair done there and she said that the guys that run the place are great....mom said that if they do children's hair she would pay for Cassie to get her hair cut since I have been thinking about cutting it short for summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone