He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, December 05, 2005

ROBBERY, LIVER, AND SOME STUFF

Saturday Darren had a truck load sale in Harvey. He was going to see if he could get out of it because it was super cold but he found out that the boss put out radio advertisements about the sale so Darren had to do it. Since Darren wasn't home I cleaned my house, top to bottom, and everything is clean now. I am hoping that I can keep it that way for 5 weeks because then we will have company here when the baby comes. So far, I have been able to keep up with it really good and I plan to keep it that way or my house will never be clean with two little-ones running around.

Darren called during a slow point in his truck load sale and said that the manager was running a route up near Belcourt. The manager had the truck stopped along side a road and a young native American came up to him and asked if he could get a box of an ice cream novelty and asked the manager if he had change for a $20. The manager told him he did and got out of the truck to get the guys ice cream and when the manager pulled out his wallet to make change for the $20, the guy grabbed the wallet, pulled it so hard that it broke the wallet chain that keeps it attached to the drivers pants and jumped in his car and took off. Darren said it took about 30 seconds and the manger was like, "I was just robbed". The manager called the police and the BIA. I guess when the manager told people around the housing district he was in it made a lot of people mad that someone on their reservation would do that and there were a bunch of people out looking for the guy because the manager did get a really good look at him. I can't believe some people. And they wonder why and complain because sales people don't go out there and sell to them except for Schwans. However, that is the risk you take going anywhere.

Darren's dad has an appointment in Minot today with a doctor. I guess Darren's dad had some blood work done at the clinic in Bottineau and the tests came back showing some problems and there is something wrong with his liver so they referred him to Minot. I hope that his doctor appointment goes okay and there isn't anything too serious. I know that Darren is concerned. You can't live without it, hence the name LIVEr.

Cassie is doing great with her bed. She really likes have a big girl bed. She hasn't fallen out of bed for a while now so I hope she got the hang of where the edge of her bed is. I still read her a few books before nap time and bed time, when I am done with the few books I kiss her good night and take the books with me and it doesn't take her very long and she falls asleep. I am so glad that she took to her bed so well in only a few weeks. Now I am not worried about nap and bed time when the baby gets here. It shouldn't be a problem and the adjustment wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I am happy that I had the time to do it before the baby.

2 Comments:

  • At December 5, 2005 at 5:05 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    wow, that's really cool that people actually got out to look for the guy.

     
  • At December 6, 2005 at 1:14 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    I thought so too and it sounds like they have a pretty good idea of who the guy is by the discription that the manager was able to give but Darren said Schwan's hasn't heard if the guy has been found or not.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone