He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, December 03, 2005

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME

I am really glad that my mom was able to come with me and watch Cassie during my appointment yesterday.

Cassie and I went into town early so I could stop somewhere and grab lunch really fast somewhere (and I am glad that I did) and Cassie and I went to Same Day Surgery and ate with my mom. All the patients were discharged so it was pretty quiet. At a quarter to one, we headed over to the clinic so I could fill out paperwork and give them my insurance and Medicade numbers. We were in the waiting room before one o'clock, the time of my appointment.

We waited....and waited...and waited. Cassie got really bored and my mom was running out of things to do with her. They had already rode up and down the elevator 20 times (it was kind of funny cause Cassie found the emergency alarm button and pushed it once when she and mom were in the elevator), Cassie had a candy cane off the Christmas tree in the lobby, they played on the little chalkboard forever. We had been waiting for close to an hour and I asked one of the nurses how much longer it would be because my mom was still punched in at Same Day. They said that they didn't have any paperwork from Dr. Petty's office and they were waiting to recieve it and they had just gotten it by fax so it shouldn't be too much longer. Well we were waiting about another half hour so mom took Cassie and went to punch out at Same Day then she took Cassie to the cafeteria for a cookie and while they were gone I finally got into an examination room where I waited about another 15 minutes. It was close to 2 hours before I even saw Dr. Billings. He just had some general stuff to go over. Said that I am the only surgical he has right now for the 13th so the surgery would be scheduled for 8 am and I would need to be at the hospital 2 hours before hand. He measured my stomache and he checked the heartbeat and then he answered the 30 questions that I had for him. He said that if all goes well, I may be discharged at soon as the following Monday. Only three days in the hospital kind of suprised me because I was in the hospital for a full week...Monday through Friday...when I had Cassie. But then I did a have an abnormal amount of blood loss too during Cassie's section.

We finally got out of the doctors office by 4. My mom, Cassie, and I ran to Wal-Mart fast to do some quick shopping and then came home. I have all my house clean now but the kitchen and I am going to start that now and after the kitchen is done, Cassie and I are going to go to my mom's and wait for Darren to get home.

~42 Days~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone