He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, December 02, 2005

APPOINTMENT AND A LITTLE RANTING

Today I meet with my OB/BYN who is performing my cesarean section. I don't know what is going to be done at this appointment so my mom is going to meet me over at the clinic and she is going to watch Cassie for me while I am with the OB/GYN. I have seen this same man before in Minot for my PCOS so he's not a total stranger, but I have only seen him for my PCOS and nothing else so I am a littel uncomfortable around him yet. I would still like my regular doctor to do the section because we have already been there done that and he has already seen me naked. So personal comfort with the OB/GYN isn't there right now hopefully I will feel more comfortable when the time comes.

After the appointment Cassie and I will probably have to grab something to eat and then I was going to head to Wal-Mart and finish Christmas shopping for Darren's fam. I only have one or two more things to get for Darren and I have finished his Christmas shopping. The only person I have gotten gifts for is my mom and I still haven't gotten Cassie anything. There are a few things that I really want to get her so we will have to see what happends cause I really don't want to buy her stuff when she's with now because she has a great memory. When she was an infant it was great cause you could take her with to do gift shopping and she didn't know the difference. I don't even think she knew they were for her....but she does now.

There is a shower for my Aunt tomorrow in Grand Forks. I don't know if I am going to go or not. My aunt from Fargo is helping host the shower and she wants my grandma to be there....PERIOD! Well, grandma is a little slow, her memory isn't good, she shouldn't have all that sweet food because of her diabetes, and she isn't social (she doesn't talk to anyone, she just sits there). In some respects it's not much of a difference between taking care of my grandma and taking care of Cassie. If I went to GF, I would want to do some xmas shopping while I am there and if grandma was with she would need a few breaks to sit, it wouldn't go very fast because she isn't, then we would probably have to stop and eat some where because my grandma has to eat her meals around certain times because of the diabetes and it takes my grandma over an hour to eat somewhere (I'm not joking about that either). It would be nicer to go by myself because I can get to the shower, do shopping, then get the heck out of GF and be home at a decent time. If I had to take someone I would probably take Cassie cause things go faster with Cassie then my grandma. The whole thing that gets me is why my aunt didn't call around and work this out a month ago instead of two days before the shower? My aunt from Fargo was one of the people that send out invites so she should have thought about that at the same time. But she has been like that lately...she always wants grandma to be involved and brought along to places but she doesn't want to do it herself and it's my poor mother who gets stuck with it all the time and my mom is the one they holler at if she isn't taken somewhere and then she gets 100 questions as to why mom didn't take her or why they didn't go at all. Yeah, my grandma is my mom's mother so why shouldn't my mom do it and not feel ungreatful about it...but just like everyone else my mom works, she has her own family, her own house to keep up, her own running around, and her own problems to work out without having to worry about my grandma all the time and isn't that why they all decided to spend $1600 a month for my grandma to be in assisted living so that they, and especially my mom, didn't have to watch her all the time? It blows my mind how much my mom actually does for grandma but yet the rest of her family expect more. Well you know, she is their mother too and just because they may live over 100 miles from where she lives doesn't mean that just because my mom lives closer she can do all the work. They could help out more than they do too!!

My mom wants me to check with my aunt from Minot because if the weather is nice she was thinking about going and if she goes she could pick up grandma, otherwise I am supposed to check with my cousin and see if my cousin will pick her up....and I know that if I go, my aunt from Fargo will be all over me for not bringing grandma so I almost don't want to go just because of that.

Wow, I am sorry about all of that. I guess it was just my time to get it all off my chest. If you are still reading after all of that, Thank you. I'm done on that subject.

~43 Days left and counting down~

2 Comments:

  • At December 2, 2005 at 5:13 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    My mom got stuck with the burden of taking care of my grandpa when he went into assisted living, and I emphasize the word BURDEN. You & your mom shouldn't feel bad that this irritates you, even though you love your grandma and all that.
    It's typically a lot easier for the rest of the family to bitch, because they probably have no idea how involved one has to be to step up and do it.

     
  • At December 2, 2005 at 6:36 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Doug, it's great to hear something like that from a friend...especially when that friend and seen it first hand.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone