He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, June 19, 2005

NOT A GREAT FATHER'S DAY

The day started out great. I was getting Cassie and myself ready to go to my mom's and wash Darren's work cloths and I also planned on taking Cassie to the pool later in the day. Darren decided to go over with us so he showered quick and we got there around noon or so. My mom made pork sausage, cheesy scrambled eggs, and toast. They watched part of the NASCAR race and then they took off on the motorcycle to go to DL. Darren hung out but he's not a NASCAR fan and was getting pretty bored. Then he had to take off around 3:30 because he had a Park Board Meeting in York and he wanted to get home and change cloths before he went to the meeting. He came back around 5:30 and said that his truck was acting up and leaking oil. This really bummed him out because that is another expense and since I am using the truck to get to and from work, we have to get it fixed. The only thing else he really had to say today was that he wanted to run to either Rugby or DL and go to the grocery store. I told him I didn't have to take Cassie to the pool and if he gave me a few minutes we could be ready to go and he told me "If I go, I am going by myself." He went outside to talk to my dad about the truck and I was getting Cassie ready to go to the pool. When Darren came back he wanted to go home and didn't want to go up to the pool so we all jumped into the pickup and I took Darren home and Cassie and I drove back to Leeds because all Cassie could say was "pool" after getting in the truck. I was hoping that I would get lucky and she would forget about it when we got home, but no luck. When we got to the pool, the kiddie pool was closed because they were having problems with it. I was really disappointed and Cassie wanted to swim badly so they guy just charged us $1 to use the big pool since I really wouldn't be able to swim by myself with Cassie. We only stayed for about 45 minutes and Cassie started to get cold and we left. When I was backing up I felt a light bump, I pulled forward to check the car behind me but it looked okay and Cassie was putting up a fuss so I left for home. Shortly after I got home the owner of the car called and said that there was some damage. I told her I would call our insurance company and take care of it. I told Darren what happened after I got off the phone and he just blew. He looked at me and said "You just can't make my fucking day any better can you." I got upset at this because we hadn't gone anywhere all weekend except for the restaurant on Saturday and I even mowed the lawn so he didn't have to when he got home. I told him "Yes I can" and I threw the stuff down that I was holding and I went into the bedroom to change out of my wet cloths. My intent was to just go to my parents place for a while. I told Darren Cassie's bedtime was 9:30 and I started searching for my keys. I headed for the door and Darren stood in front of the door and asked me where I was going. I told him I didn't know yet and then he wouldn't let me out of the door and told me I wasn't going anywhere. This made me more upset because when ever we have the slightest argument he takes off for a few hours and then comes back...but I wasn't allowed to do that. Then he asked what he was supposed to do about the accident and I told him he didn't have to do anything. I called our agent myself and she told me another rep would contact the lady tomorrow so I called the lady, told her I reported it and someone would call her and if she had any questions I gave her the number and name of our insurance agent. When I got off the phone Darren asked me who was going to pay for it and all that junk. I started to cry and Darren said "well, how am I supposed to react" Well, one, he didn't' need to swear at me for it, two: he didn't have to make me feel like shit, and three: he didn't' have to act like nothing I do makes him proud or happy, It's like he doesn't have feelings for me. I told him he didn't have to react like that because in our entire relationship, this was my first accident, actually, this is my FIRST accident in my life that I can remember. I asked him if there was never a time that he had an honest accident. He said no and that it was always his car and he never his anyone else's. I just started to bawl and he just said "well". I told him he made me feel like crap and whenever I so something little like this he just gets pissed and makes me feel that every bad situation either of us are in, everything is all my fault. He still wouldn't let me out of the house so I went out the back door, I couldn't find my keys,... they were in the glove box of the truck but I never checked there...I grabbed the wet cloths out of the truck and brought them in. We haven't said anything to each other and he hasn't apologized, he probably doesn't think he needs to and maybe he doesn't. I wasn't expecting a reaction like that but maybe I wasn't looking at the situation hard enough to think that he would react like that. Maybe I did need to be hollered at. But it's not like I had the accident on purpose and I do understand we don't have the most perfect financial situation, but accidents happen even if we don't mean to make them. I was hoping that Darren's weekend home would have been a lot better than it was. I am really hoping that next weekend will be A LOT better.

1 Comments:

  • At June 19, 2005 at 10:55 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    I do not think you needed to be hollered at like that. I don't think you should feel bad about one damn thing that happened. Yes you got into a small accident, but a car is a car. It's not like you ran over your daughter or anything. I realize you guys aren't rich so maybe the whole money thing is really stressful, but in reality it's not the end of the world. Personally I don't think yelling solves one damn thing in life. I can't stand when people yell when they get mad or upset. I don't see the point. I used to be like that in HIGH SCHOOL, but now that I'm a full-fledged adult (23, woo hoo) I realize that yelling doesn't get you anywhere in a relationship unless you are simply trying to make the other person feel like shit, which is what seemed to happen to you. I can't say if he should apologize or not, but I definitely think you should not be so hard on yourself. You do so much stuff around there and Darren is gone so much now that you shouldn't beat yourself up over stuff like this or think that you can't do anything right. I'm glad you stood up for yourself and I really hope next weekend is better for you.

    Maybe I shouldn't be giving you advice but I get really riled up sometimes. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone