He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

MOA AND UNDERWATER ADVENTURES

Our last stop of our trip was to Mall Of America and their Underwater Adventures. If any of you get the chance to go I highly recommend it. It's a super cool place! We had to walk through Camp Snoopy to get there. When we got to the ticket line, Cassie started shouting "Nemo, Nemo, Nemo" and she wouldn't stop through the whole thing. Saw a lot of cool fish, northerns, walleye, paddlefish, and they had some unreal sized sturgeon that I didn't get good picks of. I swear the sturgeon they had were 20 yrs old and about eight feet long and as wide as a car tire. Imagine having something like that on the end of your fishing line. When we got to Shark Cove they all sorts of salt water fish, no whales obviously, but good sized sharks, huge mana rays that I couldn't even fit into one picture, and eels. At the end of the Adventure, they had a tank specifically set up for the fish in Finding Nemo. Cassie was in pure delight when she saw Nemo. She didn't want to leave the tank. You had to go through the gift shop to get out and Auntie and Grandpa bought some things for Cassie and she played in an enormous sandbox outside of the gift shop. Then we went into one room where you could actually pet little teeny sharks and rays. I was actually surprised by the feel of the rays. They were super soft and slimy. It reminded me of the way pudding feels in those little pudding packs. Then we headed out. I was going to stop in the middle of Camp Snoopy so that Cassie could play with the animals in the petting zoo but admission was $4 so I skipped it. I thought it was a little expensive for two baby goats and a few fuzzy white birds. Then we went back to my sisters place and finished packing up the car and headed for home. I am really happy to be back. I will visit once in a while but I don't think I could ever live there again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone