He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, May 07, 2005

GRANDMA HANSON'S HOUSE

Today we ran up to Willow City to see Darren's folks. We got there around 1pm. Cassidy didn't take a nap on the way up there like I was hoping she would do, but she didn't. To my surprise she actually did very well. I thought she was going to get really crabby shortly after we got there but she didn't take a nap at all while we were there. She fell asleep in the car coming home though, we didn't even go out of Willow City before she fell asleep. When we got to Darren's mom's house, Deb treated us to dinner from the Willow City Cafe. His sister placed the order to go and went and picked it up so we didn't have to go anywhere after just getting there. The food was really good. Cassidy was just a sweetheart and boy does she like to entertain people. Cassidy sang the alphabet and she repeated letters from the alphabet back to auntie Missy all the way up to the letter M. Cassidy can also say ABCD and she can count 123 on her own. What a smart little girl. It was great to see Missy since we don't see her a lot. She lives in Bismarck and works at Cedric-Theels car dealership in Bismarck so she doesn't get home a lot. We didn't get to see Grandpa Dave very much because he was at the farm fencing. Grandpa Dave didn't come to the house until about an hour before we left. I feel bad that he didn't get to see Cassidy longer than he did. Yesterday Cassidy did get up early enough for us to go with my mom to Grand Forks. Mom picked us up about a little after 8am and we ran to a couple of banks in DL and then picked up my grandma before we left town. Cassidy did well in Grand Forks. I let her play on the grass at the hospital while I was waiting for my mom to come back out. Then we ran to Sam's Club and Cassie loved walking around that place! Then after Sam's mom gave me some money to run into Gordmans to see what they had for cloths for Cassie. I must say that I love Gordmans more than I do Target now. I saw one outfit that I absolutely had to have. There was a tank top made out of red bandana cloth with spaghetti straps and there was a pair of jean shorts with a red bandana belt to go with it along with a denim hat. It cost most of the money that mom gave me and after we picked up my grandma from the hospital and ate at Perkins we went to Target and then back to Gordmans. Back at Gordmans we loaded a shopping cart half full of cloths for Cassie. We have her whole summer wardrobe now including a swim suit. I will have her model some of the clothing and I will post them for you all to enjoy. My poor Grandma is starting to get "old". She really doesn't remember things anymore so it's hard to keep her up to date with stuff. Also, she misplaced some of her partials so she doesn't chew very well. When we were at Perkins it took us an hour just for my Grandma to eat and that's not including the wait for the drinks and food. My Grandma also tried to give Cassie soda when we were in Target and I have told her before that we do not give Cassie pop right now. There are a few other things that had happened but that stuff just happens to people when we all get old. I feel sorry for her because she can't keep up when we walk places and she gets tired fast. I wish it was possible for everyone just to age gracefully. I just hope that my mom and her brother and sisters don't have to put her in a retirement home anytime soon and that she can remain living on her own but with her mind and habits right now it is inevitable.

4 Comments:

  • At May 8, 2005 at 10:36 PM, Blogger April said…

    HAPPY MOTHERS DAY JANELLE!

     
  • At May 9, 2005 at 1:43 AM, Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said…

    Happy Mothers Day!

    Now for the real reason I popped in- you are the first person with the arrows-bard question on their profile I've seen who answered it the "right" way. Seriously, unles he's being attacked, why does he need arrows in the first place? Arrows have nothing to do with his main duty as a bard.

     
  • At May 9, 2005 at 10:49 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Thanks April, Debra, and Josie. Hopefully Mother's Day is something you all will be able to celebrate someday. I have found out that it tends to be a little over-rated though.

     
  • At May 9, 2005 at 10:54 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Debra, you have so many good sites that I don't know which one I should post on or if I should just post on them all!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone