He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

SHRINE CIRCUS

My mom and I took the girls to the Shrine Circus today in Minot. My dad, a Shriner and a Mason, had tickets waiting for us at the Advanced Ticket door so we didn't have to wait in line to get in.

We met up with my dad right away and he took us onto the circus floor where they had a petting zoo. They had a llama, two sheep, and a bunch of goats. The girls liked to pet the goats until one goat started to nibble at their shirt sleeves. The girls also got to ride on the ponies, the camel, and the elephant. I was worried about Jessie being scared of the big animals, but she wasn't. In fact, she enjoyed them and wanted to keep riding. Cassie also went down this big bouncy slide thing they had too.

Right before the circus started, my mom bought 2 bunches of cotton candy for the girls to eat while they watched the circus. Early into the circus, I had to make a run to concessions to get some soda and water because we were getting thirsty. Later, it was popcorn and Cassie absolutely HAD to have a light up sword thingy. Jessie got a little Shriner Fez that matches the one that grandpa gave to Cassie two years ago, and a light up spinner toy as well.

I know my mom spent a lot more money at the circus then she expected to. We didn't think the girls would want to ride all the animals and stuff. But we all had a lot of fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat. They were two very happy little girls today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone