He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, January 11, 2007

BABY IS STILL SICK, WORKING FURNACE, AND HOMEWORK

After the nebulizer treatment last night and this morning Jessie threw up. It wasn't the normal baby barf either. It was thick heavy junk that was a yellow bile color. I called the clinic after she thew up this morning because I became concerned. Jessie never threw up after the treatment at the clinic so I though maybe I was doing something wrong. The nurse on the phone told me that the nebulizer breaks up the gunk in Jessie's chest so she can cough it out. Jessie is probably throwing up because she cannot cough well enough yet to get it out and the only other way babies can get it out is to throw up and throwing up is okay. I trust the nurse so we are going to keep going at it. I just have to keep an ice cream pail handy right after the treatments.

Jessie was super tired this morning when I got her from her crib. She did not have much of an appetite and basically just sat there with her head on her highchair try. I gave her a bottle but she wasn't too interested in that either. She just wanted to be held and rocked which I was proud to do. She fell asleep around 11 o'clock and she has been sleeping since. Because of her meds she will probably spend a majority of the day sleeping.

Social services sent a guy from Johnson's Pluming out to check out our furnace. Social services pays to have the furnace cleaned once a year. While the guy was cleaning the furnace out, he noticed that when the previous owners of the trailer moved out and took the central air box from outside the house with them, they forgot the A/C coil thingy in the furnace. He removed it since we do not have central air and I couldn't believe how terrible the thing looked. It is a big triangular-shaped box with copper tubes and combs that look the the front of a vehicle radiator. All the combs were packed with dirt and dust making air flow almost impossible. It was basically a grey clay triangle. This was the main reason we had bad heat flow throughout the house. The plugged coil was blocking everything. After the cleaning and the removal of the coil, our furnace sounds different and heat is really coming through our floor vents now. You can hold your hand high above the vent and feel the heat coming up which we could barely feel before.

I am dedicating this day to homework, keeping Cassie busy, making Jessie comfortable as possible, and lots of coffee. If I feel like it, I just might wash some of the dishes that have been staring at me since yesterday afternoon too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone