He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

REFLUX, RAIN, AND CONGRATS

I am so exhausted. Jessie is still getting up every two and a half hours to eat and lately she has been getting very fussy. After she eats she spits up terrible amounts and then she will holler to eat more. I called Mary Anne because I was close to just giving up breastfeeding all together, I just don't think I can take it anymore not getting any sleep at all and this way if I bottle fed Jessie then Darren could feed her for me while he was home on the weekends. Mary Anne is pretty sure Jessie has reflux and that I need to give her mylicon 4 to 6 times a day, especially before she eats, Mary Anne said after a while I will notice the Mylicon not working as well and then I need to switch to 1/4 tsp of mylanta. The mylanta should take care of it but if it seems like the mylanta doesn't seem to work well after a while then there is a liquid zantac that they actually give infants. I need to keep Jessie propped up in her swing, carseat, vibrating chair, and find a way to prop her up in her crib because if she is laying flat that will only irritate her reflux more. Mary Anne also suggested giving Jessie a bottle of formula in the evening around bed time because there is more fat in the formula than breast milk and it may help Jessie sleep longer through the night. I gave Jessie a dose of mylicon at 9 and she is sleeping now in her swing and I am thinking about just leaving her in her swing and sleeping in the living room on the couch just to see how long she will sleep that way. If she sleeps well that way then maybe I won't need to give her the formula.

Today I took Cassie outside in her new rain coat and hat that Darren's aunt Jodi from Rugby, ND gave us. Cassie was really excited to wear her outfit out in the rain with her water boots. She really had fun jumping in the puddles and when the rain would start falling hard she would giggle really loud and run around. It was fun to watch her play in the rain. The rain coat did really well at protecting her pants too. I took pics and posted a few.

AND A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO KEVIN AND APRIL O'BRIEN WHO ARE GOING TO BE PARENTS IN DECEMBER!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone