He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, July 06, 2007

JUST CHILLIN'

I have less than 1 month to go and I am done with my summer semester. Everything is going pretty well. I am really enjoying my summer classes a lot. I have really been enjoying my Intro to Computers class. Right now, we are doing PowerPoint presentations and I must say that I didn't think PowerPoint was going to be as fun as it is. I have a final PowerPoint project due by August 1st worth 150 points. I have to use at least 10-14 slides and it has to be between 8-10 minutes long. I have not decided if I was to do something about the wild horses in Medora, Dale Jr., or put something hilarious together from all the partying we have been doing.

Since Darren has been on vacation things have just been a huge party. We started off with his birthday, then for the 4th we went out to Billy and Vinny's and ended up spending the night there AGAIN (it was super fun!), and Saturday we are going back out to Billy and Vinny's for another hoe down this weekend. Vinny is going to have his old derby car out there, appropriately called the War Wagon. He has deer horns mounted on the front of the car and cow horns mounted on the top. Billy painted it with about 3 different colors of can spray paint...yeah, it's a sweet.

Yesterday one of Darren's really good friends from Willow City came down. He and Darren ran into Devils Lake for a bit. Then we they got back, Darren and his friend when to the grocery store and bought steaks, salad, dressing, and a bunch of other stuff all paid for by Darren's friend. I cooked on the grill while the guys played around with the girls. They even brought home some Rondiaz rum for me because I was cooking.

My new drink of choice are Black Beards (like the pirate). Darren got the recipe off the back of the Rondiaz Spiced Rum bottle. It is 1 0z. Ron, 1 oz. Root Beer Schnapps, and cola. YUM! It tastes like root beer. April and Kevin, you guys need to try it.

I will have more pictures to post after tomorrow night. I better run for now cause the girls are taking a nap and the hubby is out mowing the yard. This is a perfect time to get a lot of homework started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone