He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, June 22, 2007

SAVANNA JO NIEMAN 1985-2007

Today I received horrible news from Billy Jo. Billy's brother, Jesse, called her at 7 o'clock this morning to let us know that Savanna lost her battle with leukemia. It is impossible to express how I feel at this moment. I have been weeping since Billy called.

Savanna was filled with love, happiness, and was always excited about something. Her wonderful personality rubbed off on everyone and she one of the truly happiest people I knew. I think of the many memories I have about Savanna when I lived in Churchs Ferry and they bring a smile, and occasionally a little laugh. Now she lives with God and sleeps with the Angels. I am sure that God's plans for Savanna have not ended yet. My very deepest condolences go out to the Nieman family. Their loss is so huge and it effects everyone that Savanna has ever met.

There are no funeral arrangements made yet. Right now they are just waiting for her brother, Seth, to come home from Iraq. Seth's wife will be flying up from Kentucky soon.

For anyone who wishes to know more about Savanna can read her her Caring Bridge site set up by the Roger Maris Cancer Center in Fargo, ND when she was first diagnosed with leukemia at www.caringbridge.org/visit/savannanieman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone