He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, June 21, 2007

MY LAST COUPLE OF DAYS

Jessie is STILL sick. Darren got up with her this morning when he was getting ready for work. He brought Jessie into our bedroom and she was burning up. Her fever had returned through the night. She was fussy and could not get comfortable. I gave her a dose of Motrin and her medicine. She fell asleep for a few minutes but that was all. Later, we ran up to the pool but she didn't want anything to do with swimming or splashing so after a couple of hours we came back home. This afternoon she tried really hard to take a nap but just could not get comfortable enough and she kept screaming like crazy. I called my mother over to take a peak at her since Jessie had been screaming all day long. Mom did not think that the meds she was on were working so I made a mad dash up to the Cando Emergency Room. Our favorite doctor was on call this evening, thank God, and he gave her a shot of fast acting antibiotic and gave us Zythromax. The shot did wonders! Half way home in the car she started to feel a lot better. She was blabbering, making faces in the mirror, and laughing...things she had not done all day. She is now sleeping like a log and I hope tomorrow is better for her since she is on different medication.

My aunt and uncle from Kentucky are going to be at my parents house for a while. They are going to be arriving sometime Saturday or possibly even Sunday. I have not seen them for five years. We do not get to see them very often to it is nice to spend a little time with them when they are around.

Willow city is holding their annual Willow City Western Weekend this weekend. There is a parade, then a derby, and after the derby there is a street dance. Because of the arrival of my aunt and uncle, we have not made plans to get up to Willow. I think Darren may have even made plans to hit Minot with an old classmate. Also, with Jessie being sick I just don't know how the weekend would go with her. I feel bad because it would be nice to see Darren's folks.

I took the girls swimming with Billy, her two boys, Candace, and Candace's son Josh yesterday but, like a moron, I forgot the camera. It was too bad too because Jessie was a complete water baby on Wednesday. Every time I tried taking her out of the pool she would scream to be left in. We went back to the pool today. This time I did bring my camera but Jessie just was not into it today. She is still is not feeling well so I think that may have had something to do with it. Hopefully she will get better now and the new meds will work properly. I signed Cassie up for Level I swimming lessons too. She starts her lessons on July 16 through 27 and instead of the baby pool she will now be in the big pool!!! I hope that being in the big pool does not scare her.

It has been a while since I have posted pictures so I posted some for everyone to enjoy. Hopefully I will have more pictures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone