He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, June 22, 2006

STUFF GOING ON

Jessie is all finished with her medicine and I am hoping that the ear infection doesn't come back. I can handle one every now and then but I don't think I am ready for what Cassie had for ear infections. Jessie is again all smiles, giggles, grins, and laughs. Her tooth hasn't come in yet.....gggrrrr....she has had a white tooth blister on her gum forever and so we are still waiting for that. Jessie started rice cereal a week ago today. She swallows it and seems to like it. After another week or so we can start on veggies.

Cassie has started to help me a lot around the house. He likes to cook with me when she can pour stuff into a bowl and stir. She likes to help me cut stuff up too. Yesterday evening she helped me cut and cube a butternut squash for a casserole that was really yummy. I think her favorite part was removing the seedy part of the squash. I found a spaghetti squash at the store too and was tempted to buy it but didn't. My sister buys them all the time because the inside of the squash is just like spaghetti so instead of cooking spaghetti noodles my sister just uses the squash and there isn't much difference. I may try that next time I go to the store.

I am amazed with myself. I have been able to keep my house pretty clean, take care of the kids, and still maintain my B average in both my classes. I can't take all the credit because my mom helps me out A LOT with the girls.

I spoke to a lady in York to see if she can mow our grass on Thursdays or Fridays that way the grass doesn't get a way on us and that is something that Darren doesn't have to worry about. She is going to come over and mow it today just to see how long it takes to mow then she will let me know how much it will cost and if she is going to have time to do it because she mows a couple other lawns here in town as well as the church yard, park, legion, and the post office. She used to mow the cemetery too but doesn't do that anymore. I am hoping she has time because then Darren isn't spending a full day doing that and we can do something as a family on the weekends.

2 Comments:

  • At June 23, 2006 at 12:16 PM, Blogger Tigre said…

    The things people worry about. I think it's amazing how we all have our own little different worlds that make up one huge world.

     
  • At June 23, 2006 at 12:42 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    it must be lots of fun to have cassie help around the house and especially with cooking.

    i'm excited for the times isabella can help me cook. we even bought her an apron at art fest a few weeks ago for her 2nd birthday in september. too excited...

    i'm glad to hear jessies ears are doing better too. i love the pictures of her and cassie. they are both adorable!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone