He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

WHAT'S GOING ON

Not much has been happening lately. Cassie is definitely going through the terrible two's and doesn't like to listen to anyone and she really tries to push boundaries. I have given her so many time-outs that I am starting to get tired of them...but they do work. She has been drawing all over everything, the TV, my coffee table, her bedroom carpet, the walls in the kitchen. I am really close to taking away all her crayons and markers. Lately she has been throwing dirty cat litter all over the bathroom and she has been getting into the cat food bag and she throws the cat food all the way down the hall way trying to feed the cat (trying to feed the cat is what she gets most of her time-outs for). And instead of getting up at 8 like she normally does in the morning, she has been getting up at 6:30 and 7.

Jessie is still eating about every two and a half hours so I am very tired lately and extremely wore out. Otherwise things with Jessie are great. I am just hoping that she starts catching up with herself and starts to sleep better through the night. My little cousin that is only 11 days older than Jessie only gets up once during the night and has been doing that for a month now...I can only wish for those days.

Because of lack of sleep and time for myself, my temper has been getting pretty explosive. I am also worked up all the time over what Cassie is doing and what I have to get done around the house that I think anxiety is becoming an issue too along with a little depression. I did talk to the doctor about it when I took Jessie in on Wednesday and he prescribed me some medicine but after I read the pamphlet I haven't started to take it because it says if you notice mood changes, irritability, depression, anxiety and you are working with/have small children and if you are nursing you are not supposed to take it. Well.........everything that I have is listed. I am going to try and get a hold of MaryAnne Fetterly today and ask her about it since she is the one who told me I needed to see a doctor.

To help myself relax a little bit I have been working on Jessie's scrapbook. I don't have an album yet. I need to pick a color out. I don't have a lot of materials either but I am just doing pages with what I have and I will stop when I run out of stuff until I can afford to by more paper, stickers, adhesives, ect. I usually scrap when the girls are taking naps together. I really enjoy scrapbooking for the girls and I does sort of help with the terror that goes on through the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone