He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, March 16, 2006

JESSIE'S 2 MONTH SHOTS

Yesterday was shot day for Jessie. About an hour before her shots, I gave her a dose of infant tylenol so she would have some pain reliever on board. She didn't do too bad. She cried when the shots were given but then I was able to sit right down and let her nurse for a little bit which calmed her right down and then she fell back asleep.

After shots, I ran to LaMontt's (sp) to see Brandi and to see if they had some particular items that I wanted to give the Godparents this weekend at Jessie's baptism.

I got to my mom's place and Jessie had woke up and she was a little hungry so I nursed her some more and then gave her another dose of tylenol. However, around 5pm things started to get bad. Poor Jessie just fused and fused and fused from the shots.

It was a very long night. She spent the majority of the night nestled on my shoulder trying to get comfortable and sleep. I watched the clock and made sure to give her tylenol every four hours. Finally around 6 am she was relaxed enough to finally fall asleep.

Today hasn't been too bad. She only starts to cry every now and then and she doesn't cry very long at all, just long enough to let me know that her legs are still sore.

Tonight I am going to fill Jessie's tub up with warm water and let her kick around for a while. This should help the soreness some and then I can also pull off the bandaids too once they are nice and wet so they don't pull her skin too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone