He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, January 09, 2006

A DAY OF REARRANGING

Today I had to clean up my house after all the rearranging that my husband did while he was home on Sunday. As I was staring at the mess, I just couldn't get myself to pick up anything since I was sore and tired. I did clean my bathroom, however it took 3 hours.

At noon I got a hold of Brandi and she and Carson met Cassie and I at the Leeds Cafe for lunch. As I was talking to her about everything that went on over the weekend, she agreed to come over to my place and help me reorganize Cassie's room, the living room, and maybe even the back room.

We did pretty good and the kids played well. We got Cassie's room totally taken care of. We moved the old dresser out, the new one in and even got the clothes in the dresser, took out the changing table and rocking chair. We moved all the toys, books, and puzzles, and her plush Dora the Explorer chair from the living room into Cassie's now more spacious bedroom.

We were working on the living room. We got the china cabinet moved, both couches and the Lay-Z-Boy recliner moved to positions that we sort of like. We love the cabinet where it is now, but the rest of the furniture is giving us some problems so we still have to work some on it.

Brandi is going to come over tomorrow and help finish the living room and if we have the time I may ask for help with our bedroom and the back room that I would eventually like to us as a bedroom for both kids.

I must admit, without Brandi I would be at a total loss and nothing would be done. She has helped me so much right now. I was worried today that I wasn't going to have anything in place by the time Darren's mom got here on Thursday but with everything that Brandi has done, I am sure we will have the house together by tomorrow evening. I also have to thank her because of how sore and tired that I have been, I must admit that she has done about 98% of the work which I really appreciate.

Brandi and Carson left around 7:30 because Carson and Cassie both were getting pretty tired. After they took off, I washed my dishes and put Cassie to bed. Tomorrow I am going to finish up the kitchen before Brandi comes over so at least the bathroom, Cassie's room, and the kitchen are in order.

I can't wait for Darren to get home on Thursday. Nothing is in the same place that it was when he left on Sunday with the exception of the appliances in the kitchen. I hope that he and his parents like the house.

~4 DAYS~

2 Comments:

  • At January 10, 2006 at 9:52 AM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    I think you should give yourself lots and LOTS of credit for doing what you have. The last month of my pregnancy I just gave up and Doug pretty much did everything around the house while I sat on the couch and got fatter. :) I know you aren't able to do that though. You should be very proud of yourself for as much as you are able to accomplish by yourself, which is a lot in my opinion. I think you need to drag out the hospital time you have and just lay there so you can finally get a break. 4 days!!! Holy crap!!!

     
  • At January 10, 2006 at 10:36 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    I was talking about my hospital stay with Brandi while we were moving stuff. I told her how nice it's going to be to just lay in bed for 3 days and have all my meals brought to me. Since Brandi has been helping me, I have pretty much just sat on my floor and ate while she has moved most of the furnature around. I feel bad but at the same time I am very greatful because I do not have that kind of motivation and it's nice to just say "yes" or "no" to Brandi's question and then magically watch my furnature move. I try and help as much as I can until my butt or back gets sore and then I have to take a time out for a bit. I say "YAH for friends who help out" (and don't actually mind doing it)!! If it wasn't for Brandi, my house would be chaotic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone