He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, August 06, 2007

ERIN'S STAY

My cousin Erin from West Fargo stayed with us for close to two weeks. While she was here I taught her how to ride horses all by herself, we went swimming at the local swimming pool, picked chicken eggs, and we hung out at Bob's horse barn A LOT. Erin also helped me out by keeping the girls occupied while I finished up some of my college classes and also helped me during shopping trips. We had a great time while she was here and I hope she can make it up again sometime.

I also took my two mares to Bob's to be bred to his buckskin stallion last week. The mares are still at the horse barn. One does not seem to be coming into heat as we were hoping and the other one doesn't seem to be coming out of heat any time soon. For sure, we will have at least 1 foal this summer. It normally takes 11 months and 11 days for a mare to foal so I do not expect any babies until mid July, which is late for foals. I keep praying that the other horse comes in soon so that we will have 2 foals, but I will take 1 anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone