He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, July 23, 2007

SUNDAY

Sunday it was just ridiculously hot. It was 94 degrees in the shade and 106 in the sun. My mother called to say that they were heading up to the family cabin on Lake Uplison in the Turtle Mountains, very close to the Canadian border. I talked to Darren and we decided to join them. We got to the cabin before everyone else. My mom, dad, and my brother showed up on their bikes about 20 minutes after we got their. My cousin, her husband, and two girls showed up shortly after. I was a little bummed out because the water was a lot warmer than I had expected it to be. I was hoping that it would have been cold to help cool us down. It worked though, but you had to take a swim every half hour or you would get hot again. My cousin's husband setup their great big waterslide for the kids to use when they didn't want to be in the lake. It was a lot of fun and a great way to enjoy a very hot day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone