He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, August 03, 2006

WHAT AN ADVENTURE

The town meeting with the city council dealing with zoning issues yesterday was crazy. I can't believe how many people are pissed off about the town being zoned and the things they have themselves convinced will be an issue when the zoning is final.

The mayor was one step ahead of every one and had a lawyer from Devils Lake sit in on the meeting to answer any legal questions and to get crap straightened out. The most common answer from the lawyer was, "That has nothing to do with zoning."

People started to argue and fight between themselves. The city council got into some pretty heated discussions with some of the public. One city council member even started going after the other council members and the mayor.

It was the most entertaining meeting that I have been to.

Today I realized the dumb shit who parked next to my car out in the street during the meeting banged his driver side door of his truck into the passenger side of my car. He smacked it pretty good because there is a red paint smear from his truck on my car door. The scratch goes down to the metal. I don't know how he could not have know he did that. I am really pissed about it because he didn't say anything to me. I had to find it the next day. I am going to call him tomorrow and talk to him about it. I want my car door repainted so that the spot doesn't start to rust.

While leaving our house today to take Cassie to the pool, a local farmer driving a truck in front of us lost 4 bundles of baling twine right out on highway 2. Being a good samaritan, I stopped and threw them in my trunk. I didn't want to leave them out on the road because bale twine is pretty expensive and I know someone would stop and take off with it. That, and it was right out on the highway where someone could hit it with a vehicle. I was going to catch up with the farmer and give the twine back, but the farmer was cruising at a pretty good pace and Cassie REALLY wanted to get to the pool. So I just headed to Leeds.

When I got to the pool in Leeds, I called the Cenex in York and told them that I found the twine on the highway and if a farmer came looking for it to send the farmer to me. Cenex gave me the name of the farmer that it belonged too because the farmer had just been in there looking for it. So after Cassie was done swimming, we drove out to the farmers house (he only lives 4 miles south of us.) and dropped off his twine. The farmer was very grateful to get the twine back because it cost him $400 and he sent me home with two dozen farm fresh eggs from his chickens.

Along with all these activities today, Jessie figured out how to roll from her stomach to her back. Now she can completely roll all the way around if she wants to. It's funny to watch her flip herself on her belly and then whip around onto her back when she gets tired of holding her head up. I am sure that it won't be long and she will me rolling all over the house to get to things.

2 Comments:

  • At August 4, 2006 at 4:22 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    Holy crap! Sometimes being a good person pays off!

     
  • At August 5, 2006 at 5:24 PM, Blogger Tigre said…

    Your my kinda person with all of the good citizen activities! I wish more people were like us. I'm glad your daughter learned a new thing, and hopefully will learn to be a good citizen from you too. Glad to hear things worked out with the farmer too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone