He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

FIXING UP STUFF

My painting is finished in the back room. Now all I have to do is getting all the wallpaper border on and the room is finished. The next order of priorities is when Darren has another good paycheck we are going to get what we need to finish the siding on our house so that's done and then I want a screen door. I would like to put up a fence around the house, or around the back yard, or even at just the back end of the house up to the back door so that I can let Cassie go outside and play and I can listen to her from the screen door while I am in the house taking care of Jessie. Poor Cassie is suffering from cabin fever something terrible and her cabin fever is driving me mad...literally. Then if we have extra money I would like to get a big enough carpet remnant somewhere and put carpet in the back room for the girls then that entire room will be finished and we just have to move the girls back there. I would like to plant flowers too but I don't want to do that until the siding is finished. It's time to really spruce the place up if we aren't going to be moving....really make it feel cozy and homey.

JESSIE UPDATE: She is now 12 lbs and since we have her reflux under control she goes to bed around 10 and we have only been getting up twice a night....roughly about every 3 1/2 to 4 hours. She is usually up for the day around 7 and is up for a couple of hours and will then take a nap for a few hours. After her nap she will be awake for a while and will only take a few cat naps until bed time and I have learned that she gets very testy when she is tired. Hopefully I can start getting her into bed at night at a better time than 10.

CASSIE UPDATE: She is still going strong. Getting bigger and smarter each day. She has her own little attitude that really pushes my buttons sometimes and I have found out that time-outs do work and we are getting pretty good at them. It's hard to believe that she will be 3 this fall. Besides baking with Nana, she really enjoys playing outside, playing with chalk on the sidewalk, blowing bubbles, building sand castles, and she wants to ride horses every day. She is VERY active.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone