He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, March 24, 2006

JESSIE'S BAPTISM

First off, let me apologize about not posting of this sooner....


Jessie's baptism was Sunday, March 19th, after 10:30 am mass at the St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church in Leeds. My brother, Mike, and Darren's sister, Missy, were chosen as Jessie's Godparents.

Those who showed for the baptism were my parents, Darren's parents, my sister, my brother, Darren's sister, Darren's aunt Jodie and her son Caleb, Darren's grand mother Rose, and my grand mother Donna.

I felt really bad because of all days both girls slept in until 9:30 and usually one of them is up by 8. There is no way possible you can feed two kids, get them dressed, pack a diaper bag, and get yourself together in an hour. So I had to call my mom's house and tell my sister at my moms and tell her to lay out the gown so I could find it and I would stop by and put Jessie in it and just meet everyone at the church because we were not going to make it before the mass started. Darren helped me by getting Cassie ready while I nursed Jessie, then Darren watched Jessie as I got myself dressed and packed the diaper bag. I jumped out the door at 10:45, rushed to my mom's, put Jessie in her gown really fast and I made it to the church just in time for communion. Thank God Darren's family was sitting in the back of the church so I handed Cassie off to Auntie Missy...I think Missy and Cassie were both happy with that...and then I went to sit with my mom and grandma who were sitting farther up ahead. My sister, brother, and father were singing up in the choir.

Both of our families were at the church by 10:30 and here I didn't get there with the girls until the end of mass. Boy did I feel like an ass. But hey, at least we made it for the baptism!!

When Father D'Aco got us together for the baptism, it really didn't seem like he knew what he was doing. He kept forgetting his place, pausing, rearranging stuff....Definitely not quick and easy as it was with Father Matt at Cassie's baptism...but we all got through it and our little girl is now a baptised catholic.

My mom had lunch at her place. She served cheesy ham chowder and home made buns. We got a lot of pictures taken too which was really nice.

Thanks to all of you who came. To those of you that couldn't make it I have posted pictures. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone