He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, December 12, 2005

LAST NIGHT

Darren and I went into Devils Lake to Christmas shop around 4 pm. A little late in the day but Darren wanted to watch the Vikings game and then shower afterwards. My mom came and picked Cassie and I up and took us to her house so that I could get Cassie napping at her house before we left. Needless, I never did get her sleeping by the time Darren came over to my moms.

We ran into April and Kevin when we were in Wal-Mart and made plans to go out and eat together when Darren and I finished in Wal-Mart. We had been shopping for a little bit and then went to Electronics to check some stuff out and an associate from Wal-Mart started following us around from Electronics until we walked up to the check out. I am glad that they are trying to take measures to stop theft in their store, but the need to be a little more descreet about it and not be so damn obvious. It was making Darren and I so upset that when we were walking up to the check out, Darren was going to turn around and tell her to stop following us and he was going to push the full shopping cart of stuff to her and say, "You can keep all of it. I am going to do my Christmas shopping at K-Mart". It was really bad and I have thought about calling the manager at Wal-Mart.

It was wonderful to spend a little time with April and Kevin. We don't see them a whole lot and it's nice when we do. It seems like when we get together all we do is laugh. Darren and I have the best times with them.

Unfortunately we spent more time eating then we wanted to and we didn't get all our Christmas shopping done and we will have to try and finish it this weekend. We didn't do too bad though, all we have to shop for now is basically my dad and we only have to pick up the other halves of Darren's sister and my sister's gift and then do our Cassie shopping. I'm proud that we should have everything a week or so before Christmas, usually we are still buying stuff on Christmas eve day.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone